Recently, the Google reported the release of an update, which promises to shake up the structures of the world of IF HE, This is the Google page experience.
It is not news that build a website, one of the main points to analyze is the user experience, that is, provide the best you can for the people who access your site. However, starting in 2021, if you don’t provide a good browsing experience for visitors, it will be difficult to get to the top of Google.
In this material, you will learn:
- What is the Google page experience?;
- What are the new metrics that will be part of this update?;
- how to prepare your site for this Google update.
What is the Google page experience?
It is the new update from Google, which will incorporate three new metrics to help analyze user experience, within your site. Look what they are, then!
Large Content Paint (LCP)
This metric will analyze the load time for the largest content on your page, which must be equal to or less than 2.5 seconds to be considered a good load time.
First Entry Delay (FID)
This item is responsible for measuring the time he site takes a long time to respond to a command given by the user. Command means, for example, the action of clicking any button.
In this case, the ideal time should be less than or equal to 100 milliseconds.
Cumulative Design Change (CLS)
Here it points measure the stability of the website design, that is, it will analyze if the elements of the site change place unnecessarily, while it is loading. This action ends up interrupting the user’s browsing experience.
The grade must be less than or equal to 0.1.
Still at this point, Google released a gif that exemplifies a bad browsing experience. See the example below:
It is important to emphasize that the Google page experience It will not only consist of these three new metrics, but also of the other elements that are already used to analyze the user’s browsing experience. Keep track of the other components!
- HTTPS: one of the fundamental points is the security of your website, therefore, it is essential that you have a security certificate installed;
- Compatible with mobile devices– It is extremely important that your website is responsive and adaptable to all mobile devices;
- Secure browsing: it is necessary to offer a safe navigation to the user, without the visualization of malicious content. To find out if your site has security issues, you can access the search console itself and find out via the report security issues;
- Intrusive interstitials: It is also essential that your site does not have invasive elements, preventing the user from consuming content such as pop-ups and banners, which appear to the user and make it difficult to read the information, damaging the user experience on the site.
Below we have an image that clearly illustrates all the elements that we have mentioned so far:
How do I prepare my site for the Google page experience update?
Google has released this information so that site administrators can prepare for when this update will take effect. In addition, it updated some tools that will help in the adaptation, among them we can mention:
Google search console
There is a new report available in Google Search Console, which analyzes the new metrics core web vitals.
Google PageSpeed Insights
Google PageSpeed Insight has also been updated; In this report, new basic elements of the web are now available.
As we have seen, user experience has never been more important than now. For this reason, it is important to carefully analyze all points of your site, both elements of IF HE on and off the page, following Google’s guidelines and best practices, regarding loading time and browsing experience.
Now that you know more about the Google experience on Google Page, go to Contact Contact us and find out how to improve the performance of your website.